Are you interested in providing support to people with disabilities? Do you have patience, a willingness to learn and enjoy being part of a team? If so MIDS would love you to join the team!
Working with us provides many benefits including:
You assist people to be active in the community
Supporting Individuals makes you feel valued.
You can enhance someone’s independence.
To gain experience in the English language or Australian workplace.
To obtain references
You have the opportunity to expand your thinking.
What Does the Job Involve:
Working at MIDS offers a variety of different job options and opportunities. Tasks may include:
- Provide support to participants in developing and implementing plans for achieving personal goals and meeting needs
- Coordinate and participate set/planned activities including; sports, arts and camps in consultation with management
- Report writing and record keeping, including; progress notes, incident reports and planner entries
- Coordinate set/planned programs such as; education, self-development, accommodation and welfare in consultation with management
- Ensure any concerns for participants and colleagues safety is communicated to management in a timely manner
- Manage conflict situations using therapeutic and non-punitive strategies
- Liaise with government departments, local authorities, health professionals, parents and other organisations
- Communicate with management, providing feedback on Participant development
- Provide input and attend team meetings regarding case plans, case conferences and intervention programs
- Ensure all procedures are being followed effectively and appropriately
Before applying please make sure you have each of the following:
- High level of assessment skills together with information gathering, problem solving, and evaluation skills
- Ability to manage challenging situations while applying policy, procedure and legislation to deliver services to people with high and complex needs
- Current First Aid Certificate
- A current Working with Children’s Check Clearance (Must be a paid check – not volunteer)
- A current driver’s licence
- National Police Check (issued within the last 6 months) If you don’t have a national police check, click here
- Comprehensively insured motor vehicle that can transport a minimum of 4 people
- Mobile phone with an active voicemail preferably an iPhone
- Functioning email address